Chicken, Pancetta and Mushroom Pie
A twist on the traditional chicken and ham pie. Perfect comfort food.
- 100g of unearthed® Organic Italian Pancetta
- 140g closed cup mushrooms
- 200g mini chicken breast fillets
- I medium sized onion, sliced and chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps cream cheese
- 1/2 pack of puff pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting/rolling
- 1tbsp of grated parmesan or grana pedana
- 1 egg, for the pie wash
- Pre heat the oven to 180°/Gas Mark 4
- Fry the chicken
- Once cooked, add the sliced onion and chopped garlic and sweat off
- Add the mushrooms, black pepper, dried oregano and soy sauce. Fry for a couple of minutes
- Stir in the Pancetta and cook, until it changes colour
- Add the cream cheese and stir to mix thoroughly
- Check seasoning and add more pepper or oregano, if required
- To help thicken, add the grated parmesan and stir.
- Transfer the mixture into a pie dish
- Roll your pastry out so that it’s larger than the pie dish and covers the edges, then lay over the top.
- Crimp the edges with a fork, then prick the pastry with a fork
- Beat the egg. then brush the mixture over the pie
- Cook for 20 mins on 180° or until golden brown all over. Some ovens may be quicker, but a slower cook is better, so it doesn’t burn!
- Serve with mash and seasonal vegetables
Tom's top tip: Don’t be tempted to add liquid to the mixture to create more sauce, as you want a thick consistency.